EXAMINATION 3 ANALYZE GUIDE
1 ) What is sea gyre?
• Any huge system of spinning ocean currents, particularly those involved with huge wind actions. 2 . What drives surface ocean power (how carry out they form)?
• Wind flow is what hard drives ocean power
• Because wind produces across drinking water, they generate force on the water in the same direction which the wind is blowing. (only ~100 m of normal water is affected) 3. What is the other name to get deep drinking water circulation?
• Thermohaline flow
4. Precisely what is upwelling and down welling and how carry out these ocean phenomenons kind? • Upwelling – happens along the european coast from the continents in the Northern Hemisphere; winds push parallel to the coast from the north and Ekman transportation moves the coastal drinking water to the right of the wind flow direction leading to water to flow away from the coast and bringing drinking water from the marine bottom. • Downwelling – occurs when ever winds will be from the to the south, Ekman travel moves drinking water to the right of the blowing wind direction and water goes toward the coastline; normal water piles up along the coastline and basins 5. What water top quality and lifestyle conditions might you expect to find in the upwelling and downwelling areas? • Upwelling – coastal upwelling areas have substantial nutrient content, high neurological productivity and rich marine life • Downwelling – downwelling areas possess low production and poor marine life 6. What is the top role of the surface and deep water currents? • They are important to the world's weather.
7. Where would you expect to find the warmest ocean normal water?